After looking at the writing market for years, he noticed a need for a Writers Club of this kind.
Sure, there are Facebook groups, writers groups, etc., but those are usually just gatherings of writers, and they lack some very important features that many authors need.
Ryan wanted to create a club whose sole purpose is to solve headaches for writers. Here are some of the headaches he's looking to solve:
- It’s hard to find reviewers for my book
- Writing-related service providers (editors, book cover designers, etc.) are expensive
- I don’t know if my writing is good enough and I need feedback
- I need more promotion for my book
- I don’t know if my blurb or summary is good enough
- Not enough readers know my book exists
- I don’t know enough about what other successful authors have done to be successful
- I don’t know if my book cover encourages readers to purchase it
The club also offers some fun activities for writers, such as giveaways and contests.
Here’s the full list of benefits that are available in the Writers Club:
- Discounts from writer-related service providers, such as editors, book cover designers, proofreading services, ghostwriters, social media marketing, book advertising, template design, audio book narration, and more.
- Contests and giveaways for free services and books.
- 2 free book promotion posts on A Writer's Path blog every year (example here). Every post generates a social media shout-out of your book to Ryan's Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, Tumblr, and Google+ account (total of 12,900 followers). He'll set reminders for himself to notify you when your next post is ready.
- Exclusive articles not seen on the A Writer's Path blog.
- Access to free blurb coaching.
- "Book of the Month" lottery. The winner gets their book featured for a month on the A Writer's Path blog in a tab along the top of every page/post. They'll also get a promotional post featuring their book, summary, cover, and purchase links, which is sent to all 25,000+ subscribers. There is one drawing per month.
- Help to find you reviewers and critique partners (optional).
- A free copy of his eBook, The Idea Factory: 1,000 Story Ideas & Writing Prompts to Find Your Next Bestseller. ($2.99 value)
- Free critique of your book summaries and book covers (optional).
- Insider tips from published authors in short, bite-sized articles.
- Links to free books that are normally offered at full price.
- Opportunities to show off your book to the other members.
- Exclusive author interviews.
Feel free to check out the A Writer's Path Writers Club here.